I finally finished my bombshell swimsuit and must say I am truly happy with the result. Heather Lou of Closet Case Files not only designed a sexy suit, but also made it modest enough to wear around family. Heather Lou hosted a sewalong which certainly helped as I am a visual learner and some of the techniques were new for me.
The pattern is only offered as a .pdf but the assembly was quick and relatively painless. The pattern has three variations: halter, maillot and high waist bikini. I made the halter version but will definitely try the maillot next.
Things I liked about this pattern:
- Sexy look without having too much skin showing
- Flattering fit through the waist and booty
- Sewalong provided tons of visual instructions
Things I would have preferred about this pattern:
- Larger sizes (though Heather Lou was kind enough to provide personal instructions for grading up to my size)
- Paper pattern option (though I understand the .pdf kept the cost down)
New Techniques I learned:
- Installing Lining (can you believe this was the first time I had lined anything????)
- Sewing with Lycra/Spandex material
Final thoughts on this pattern…if you have never tried to sew a swimsuit you should definitely start with the Bombshell. Not only was it remarkably easier to sew than I would have imagined, the suit is comfortable and flattering!