I have been faithfully posting my me made items to the flickr group each day and also adding to my Me Made May page to keep a running total. I must say that after 2.5 years of sewing, I have amassed quite a bit of clothing. Today was the first day I wore only a me made accessory instead of a garment.
The belt I wore today was a year in the making. I did all of the needlepoint last April then set it aside for other projects. When I realized last night that I didn’t have anything new to wear, I pulled the belt out and finally added velcro closure which took all of five minutes. Do you ever have projects 99% finished that languish? I really need to work on finishing one project before starting another!
Here are some of the things I have discovered thus far this month:
- I have an abundance of dresses and knitted items but not many basics
- I like floral and bright colors
- Many of my first me mades are still being worn
- My sewing is MUCH better but I still have a lot to learn
- Fitting my decidedly pear shape is still super difficult
- I can tell from the photos which items truly look good and which need adjustments
Though the rest of May most likely will contain a large number of garment repeats, I am glad I participated!
Also as a bit of housekeeping, I need to claim my blog on bloglovin so I can get converted properly before Google up and leaves me. Have you chosen which format you plan to use?